"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, January 20, 2017

Busy week

It's been a busy, productive week! I am officially up-to-date on my four grand boys' scrapbooks, having finished the last of the fifteen Christmas pages last night! But wait, there's a second birthday coming up next week so I will have more to do soon.




Above is a photo of this past week's calendar page and journal page. I have been swept up in the tide of "gotta-have-it" Jane Davenport art supplies (if interested, check out www.janedavenport.com) that just debuted in Michael's stores this month. I purchased her "Mermaid Markers" (liquid watercolors in brush form), a few stamps, and acrylic paints.  I tested out the "markers" on these pages.

For the calendar I just created washes of color for each day, separating with strips of washi tape. On the right page, I scribbled some color and stamped two faces. Then I added more color in the faces and for hair. I had fun playing with these and have discovered I need lots of practice! But it is nice to have a stamp to start off the face!

It's been awhile since I've been excited about any new supplies so I'm really enjoying this release. I've admired Jane's work for a long time and am so happy that she has her own products.

Creativation (formerly CHA - Craft and Hobby Assoc.) is being held in Phoenix this weekend where art and craft companies will be releasing all their new products. I can't wait to see what's on the horizon!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Excellent work.

Oh - and it's a great week when it's a busy week.

xo
SuZeQ