"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Art Marks Challenge - Feb. 2018

Rae Missigman is at it again. She is hosting her fourth "Art Marks Challenge" on Instagram. Check out all the info here.  In a nutshell, she posts one word a day for a month and you create art/art marks for that prompt.  I have participated each time and I will again be taking part during February.

I quickly assembled a tiny journal from scraps on my desk and pieces of gelli prints and bound it together with a simple pamphlet stitch and cotton cord. The pages vary a little in size, but they average 3" x 4" so it's not very big and doesn't take long to make some daily art marks! I used magazine letters for the title on the front cover.




I glued a scrap of gelli-printed paper to the inside cover and cut out a portion of Rae's announcement to add.  The right page is the first day's prompt  - BEGIN.



This started February 1, but you can join in any time. I enjoy this excuse to make me just play a little every day. I hope you will check this out and consider doing it yourself! It's a great exercise to stretch those art muscles!


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Perfection and good on the eyes.

Thanks, Susan!
xo
SuZeQ